The spawning season has begun
A fishing ban has been imposed during the fish spawning period in all reservoirs of Kazakhstan under the Resolution of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 6, 2005 No. 310 and the Order of the Chairman of the Forestry and Wildlife Committee dated July 24, 2015 No. 11939. Specifically, the ban applies from April 5 until May 20, 2019, in the Kapchagay reservoir, and from April 15 until June 1, 2019, on Balkhash Lake.
Therefore, the Wildlife Service of "Rybprom" LLP, as the saying goes, has been put on alert. The entire team of the service, consisting of 8 rangers led by T.P. Assadilayev, has switched to an enhanced regime of work. Since the Wildlife Service is tasked with protecting fauna and its habitat. Because of this, our rangers have put in place various measures aimed at reinforced protection of fishing sites. For instance:
- the rangers, assigned to specific sites, have rehearsed schedules and itineraries, hidden observation points;
- scheme of interaction between rangers and representatives of the relevant services of nature protection, environmental prosecutor's office, and the police have been tested;
- permits for the exploitation of 5 ranger motorboats during the spawning period on Balkhash Lake and the Kapchagay reservoir were obtained;
- signboards announcing the fishing ban have been installed;
- the wildlife service held meetings and preventive discussions about the objects of the fishing ban with locals. They were also warned about the liability, including criminal, for any kind of fishing during the spawning period;
- the rangers carried out work on cleaning water from abandoned fishing nets.